Thursday, June 23, 2011

GF Life change


The time has finally come. Sadly, I have avoided this moment for two years but I couldn't avoid it any longer. It is time for me to be completely GLUTEN FREE! Two summers ago, I was told that I was gluten intolerant, meaning (to me) that I wasn't going to be able to eat a darn thing for the rest of my life. So naturally, as any poor, independent college student would do: I tried it for a few months, gave up on the expense of GF products, and I continued eating pizza, cookies, sandwiches, cake, crackers, bread...but it has finally come to an end. On the first of June, I converted.

At first I was sad, I thought about all the food I wouldn't be able to eat and thought back to how I starved when I tried the GF life at Utah State. When my mom came into town a few weeks ago when went on the most interesting shopping spree I have ever been on. We bought buckwheat flour, rice flour, GF oats, Xantham gum, all the veggies you could imagine, and any sort of GF product that looked yummy. THANKS MOM!

So far I have actually enjoyed creating new kinds of recipes, I made the yummiest chocolate Zucchini bread and banana muffins mmmmm. Also, my early Christmas present was a Bosch and I have loved making my own bread so far! It really makes me feel like a little homemaker :) The only time I get really sad is when I see Ryan eating those yummy crackers, or pizza, or anything bad for me. But! What makes it all worth it is how I feel. I no longer feel constantly full, and heavy and tired. I have way more energy and have learned how to cook many new and interesting things!

1 comment:

  1. I have zucchini growing right now in my garden along with squash!!! I'm in total shock.

    ReplyDelete